The Blog Nobody Reads

ruminations on politics, fat cats, injustice, and happier things like how to be more in tune with the planet, and the people on it.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Reaching the end of the rope...

When I decided to live the revolution, not just talk about it, I knew my decision might have strange consequences.... I don't play by the rules this nearly fascist government puts on the books.... I live on the edge... but right now the edge is too close and the rope that holds me is getting a bit frayed at the end.... Just like my nerves and emotions.... It's hard to live out here without a bank account, proper documentation or some fancy job with all the right benefits....

When I made the decision to seperate myself from the powers that be I wondered how long I could last. That was 1990. It's not been an easy road, but I've managed to stay one step ahead, until now..... For the first time I'm wondering if I can keep it up..... living the revolution is hard... No credit cards, no valid legal documentation, except my birth certificate and an old passport.... I want people to pay me for my work in cash.... I want them to trust, but trust is hard in a world where everything seems all screwed up. I want to give the money I would never give the government to causes I believe in, or even the people on the street. I'm poor, but at least I know that I am not feeding the war mongering, business loving, people hating regime of George Bush!!! What happened to the dogma of the hippie generation? Oh, yes, they all bought SUVs and houses in the suburbs.... and left their high values and new morals at the curb with the trash....

I'll keep trying to live my own revolution..... And keep trying to do the right thing, and not the easy thing..... even when it feels like it's just too damn hard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home