The Blog Nobody Reads

ruminations on politics, fat cats, injustice, and happier things like how to be more in tune with the planet, and the people on it.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Not that I want to bitch or anything...

Not one to bitch, but here I go anyway.... sometimes life really sucks, but measured against what? Happiness? Someone's pain? Some stranger's sorrow? I'm not sure what the measure, but I'd give sucks a seven on my life scale....

Why hang on to sucks when you know it will be better in two short weeks? I just accepted a fantastic job in cool restaurant working with a cool chef that wants me to become a part of his core team. I will get to use my passion, tastes, and ideas about food in making up the menu as it grows. I will get to try new things, and put some kick ass in my skill set.... but between now and then, life really does suck. How many times can I use suck in this post before it becomes redundant. That is for the reader to decide.

Ain't enough pieces of paper with dead guys on it to pay the rent, and pay my friend back until my last contract that has anything to do with construction is finished, and I keep getting stalled by the clients, and the contractors.... Who knew it would take three weeks to get a bathroom drywalled..... won't finish the job for another eight days and that sucks. I want to be more positive, but this cash flow situation sucks,,,,, just like it sucks for a huge amount of people living in bush junior's Amerika....

30,000 layoffs at GM, and I read where some other huge corporation plans to layoff some 70,000. Who are these people going to work for? Like there are 100,00 new jobs waiting for them. I'm lucky to have found this one, but I worked on getting the right job. I've been waiting for this position since last December. Well, not waiting, because I was actively seekind a job in my industry. The right job didn't come along until now, which does not suck. But, it's been a hard year, and that sucks... I probably made $8,000 since 05 started.. Could you live on that?

Ok, so I think I said sucks enough... but it does suck when the current administration has no clue as to how to revive this economy. Sure, the rick get richer, but the poor are gaining in number. Wonder how many really poor people there will need to be in this country before we rise up like the French peasants and take to the streets in earnest to make siginficant changes in the way this country works.

No more bombs, no more wars, no more propping up puppet governments, and no more inflated to overstuffed government contracts. Anyone remember the scandal of the $5,000+ toilet seats the Air Force bought?

I'm hoping that 2006 is the year that doesn't suck. I'm hoping by the end of it I am firmly on my way to realizing my ultimate dream of having that b&b on the coast of someplace with that little 8 table bistro right below it..... teach young queers how to cook, give them a place to stay, and let them have time to learn what their own dreams are. Bunk house in the back with free rent and food....Besides, I want to be the old fart on the porch who barks orders with some tenderness...

So, the suck count stands at: 14... a even number....anyone know what 14 is in numerology?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home