The Blog Nobody Reads

ruminations on politics, fat cats, injustice, and happier things like how to be more in tune with the planet, and the people on it.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Apologizing for the current administration...

So, the world wide web has me connected to women in countries besides the bad ol' USA.... I find my self apologizing for the follies of the bush administration on nearly a daily basis... and I'm tired of if..... I'm tired of trying to explain why baby bush is trying to turn back the clock to a time when people like me had to hide every part of who we really are as not to get the shit beat out of us, or worse..... to a time when abortions were back alley procedures, to a time when gay rights was a dream instead of a work in progress.

Why, when they invoke the name of their god do so many people listen? Why, when they invoke the cause of national security, do so many people listen? Why, when they talk about war, do so many people listen? Why, when they say it's for the good of the nation, do so many people listen?

I'm not sure how to stop the tide. Since this is not a democracy, but a representative republic, those of us on the fringe have no representation. It's easy to make us the current target on the mark of the beast list that some fool in Washington is getting paid too much money to compile. Yes, I said the mark of the beast.... for those that don't know..... the 666 mark of the devil that all these right-wing fundamentalists talk about so much.... They are the beasts, they just won't cop to it.

It's hard to live in a country where I have no access to medical care, even though Uncle Sam promised to take care of me for life if I joined up... and I did.... seven years of service in that man's Army..... can't even get taken care of... cuts, cuts, and more cuts..... but they build more bombs, and start new wars..... and yes, I feel cheated.... and disgusted.

It's hard to live in a country that believes in freedom of expression, as long as that expression has doesn't rock the current tide..... So, as long as you express their way no worries... but this government is targeting any expression that falls outside it's tide. They are shutting down websites and closing off any expression they feel is detrimental to their cause....

Keep voting the same way folks, and we'll see a fascist state... and we'll see more and more people being locked up for expressing themselves in a way deemed inappropriate... and we'll all be saying love honor and obey..... (at least if you are female).

Step up my friends... "tell them we are mad as hell and we won't take it anymore." (from the 70s film Network).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home