The Blog Nobody Reads

ruminations on politics, fat cats, injustice, and happier things like how to be more in tune with the planet, and the people on it.

Thursday, February 17, 2005

nothing like a little sickness.....

observations on this life
Everyone I know is sick... guess we must have passed along a cold that sometimes feels like the flu and now I have a rash coming up on the back of my neck... oh joy! Since I'm already congested, I've decided to stop smoking. Seems like a good time but it's an addiction I've carried with me for most of my adult life. I'm scared to death to give up my security blanket. There are so many ritual moments in smoking. So many times I just do it because. It's a hard habit to break, but I've done it once before and I'm hoping I can do it again. Who has the money to shell out for the most expensive legal drug know to man. In this country, cigarettes and alcohol are the last things that can be taxed at a rate that is insane. I remember buying a carton of cigarettes at the Post Exchange overseas for $1.70. Now it more like $35.00. What a ton of money I can save if I can beat this monster. I'd love to win at this game.... I'd love to have all that money for something that lasts.... I'd love to be able to breathe..... I guess all I can do is the best I can, and even if I fall off the tabacco wagon I can always get back on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home