The Blog Nobody Reads

ruminations on politics, fat cats, injustice, and happier things like how to be more in tune with the planet, and the people on it.

Monday, February 14, 2005

No Body Told Me There'd Be Days Like These.....Strange Day Indeed....

observations on this life
So, I hate that John Lennon thought of it before I did, but it is so appropriate to this day. I'm not a fan of VD day... not because it holds bad memories of the times I didn't get whatever it is you are supposed to get on the 14th of February every year. I don't like the holiday because it is cheap "make up sex". Expressions of love should be given freely every day of the year...

It was fun to give valentine's when I was a kid, but even then it was a contest. It was about who had the grooviest crepe paper coverd shoe box, or who got the most, or the biggest. I still give them to my friends. It's cool that it is no longer a contest. It's cool that it's not the only time I do something silly and sweet for them, or with them. This year it's hello kitty...

I try very hard to fight tradition when it makes no sense, and today is one of the days I split from the heard and go off and graze on my own. A better token to give the people you love is your time, and your support and your energy. So, to all the people I love, and to everyone who reads this, I Love You.... just because.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home