The Blog Nobody Reads

ruminations on politics, fat cats, injustice, and happier things like how to be more in tune with the planet, and the people on it.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Chicks.....In......Space

Just Call Me Space Dork!

Ok, I have serious issues with the amount of money spent on the space program, but I still get excited and mesmerized by the launches and the missions..... I was born in a time before space flight, manned or unmanned.... I grew up watching every launch...... the mission to the moon (which my Uncle Johnny swore never happened) and the tragedies that resulted in the loss of both shuttle crews.

So this morning I am sitting at the computer, because we don't have TV, watching the launch on NASA tv with my full Earth photos in the background so I can get a sense of the flight trajectory and just where the shuttle is.... see, big dork factor.... I will check in daily at nasa.gov for updates. I will download photos. I will sit and watch the action at The Johnson Space Center. I will be a Space Dork until the mission ends, even though I'm not sure why we need a space station or why we need to go to Mars, or why seven people would be willing to strap themselves to something that could incinerate them in a flash.... still, I will watch... and hope that "Discovery's return to space" won't end in tragedy this time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home