The Blog Nobody Reads

ruminations on politics, fat cats, injustice, and happier things like how to be more in tune with the planet, and the people on it.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

I Forgot

I have been so involved in getting the garden and chicken coop ready that I have totally ignored the news. I don't know who is doing what to whom. I have no idea how the G20 summit turned out, but I do know it happened because there was a photo of Barrack on the front page of the online NY Times that I glanced at while scrolling down to the home and garden section link. It feels good to not be upset by what I cannot change and to be fully engaged in what I can change in my own little world.

I am going deep green and it feels fabulous. I am changing my world, and letting the big guys slug out the rest of it. If I thought I had a snowball's chance in hell to actually, fundamentally, change the bigger picture I would. Protesting and letter writing are still on my list of things to do, but I have pretty much checked out, once again, on politics and governmental affairs.

So, to those of you still feeling the effects of that rise in blood pressure when you read how badly those guys have fucked things up, I suggest you put down that issue of whatever it is that makes you boil and go outside and plant something. Dig into what you can change. Any green you grow in the ground will add more oxygen to the air, might feed you and yours, and will leave you feeling a sense of accomplishment, unlike all the letter writing or protesting or screaming at the TV during the evening news.

Check out, tune in, and turn on the green thumb you know is deep in your genetic bones....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home